In Episode 2 we discussed how the marketing discipline has been diffused across the corporation and has lost much of the control and accountability that could be used to progress the discipline.
In this episode, we move on from Wussville! We will switch from looking at the problem to looking at the opportunities we have to take back our power and reshape the role of marketing.
Our guest is Anna Pickard
Anna is a digital and social marketing leader who enjoys navigating the constantly evolving digital landscape. Additionally, she has a sharp eye for social media strategies that drive sales. She discovered the secret to turning curious browsers into loyal fans, even when she’s working with a tight budget.
On the social media front, Anna has experience in corporate social strategy and as an independent creator on TikTok and Instagram. She has partnered with over 25 consumer brands, helping them to build brand awareness and boost sales through her savvy social media skills.
Anna also boasts deep skills and experiences in web strategy, e-commerce, customer experience/social support, and product marketing across both B2B and B2C markets.
- TikTok: @Newmommytalks @tokingsocial
- Instagram: @newmommytalks @andannabegins
- What are the opportunities for marketers? How have they changed with the digitization of everything?
- The rise of social media and the opportunity within corporate as a creator.
- Navigating a corporate career as a marketer who specializes in social media. What are the benefits? Challenges?
- Making the decision to become an influencer and what was the tipping point.
- The benefits of building an independent social media business?
- What is your advice for others starting to build a marketing capability on the side?
- What do you see on the horizon? What is the next big social application?
Notes from 2023 Side Hustle Statistics
- 1 in 3 American’s have a side hustle
- Almost 50% of people with a side hustle do it because they want to, not because of financial constraints
- 50% of millennials have a side hustle vs. 70% of Gen Zs have a side hustle
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.